Effective Date: April 2018
This Privacy Statement applies to www.hotelterracethegardenmito.com owned and operated by Hotel Terrace the Garden Mito. This Privacy Statement describes how we collect and use the information, which may include personal data, you provide on our web site: www.hotelterracethegardenmito.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal data and how you can access and update this data.
The types of personal data that we collect include:
- Your first name, last name, email address, phone number and home address;
- Credit card details (type of card, credit card number, name on card, expiration date and security code);
- Guest stay data, including date of arrival and departure, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room preferences, facilities or any other services used);
- Data you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers;
You may always choose what personal data (if any) you wish to provide to us. If you choose not to provide certain details, however, some of your transactions with us may be impacted.
Data we collect automatically
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- A. Reservations: We use your personal data to complete and administer your online reservation.
- B. Customer service: We use your personal data to provide customer service.
- C. Guest reviews: We may use your contact data to invite you by email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travellers to choose the accommodation that suits them best. If you submit a guest review, your review may be published on our website.
- D. Marketing activities: We also use your data for marketing activities, as permitted by law. Where we use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, such as commercial newsletters and marketing communications on new products and services or other offers which we think may be of interest to you, we include an unsubscribe link that you can use if you do not want us to send messages in the future.
- E. Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, by post, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact data you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- a. We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
b. If you have not finalised a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the accommodation again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch.
c. When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with our website. We believe that this additional service is useful to you and to us as we will be able to improve our website based on your feedback.
- F. Analytics, improvements and research: We use personal data to conduct research and analysis. We may involve a third party to do this on our behalf. We may share or disclose the results of such research, including to third-parties, in anonymous, aggregated form. We use your personal data for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
- G. Security, fraud detection and prevention: We use the information, which may include personal data, in order to prevent fraud and other illegal or infringing activities. We also use this information to investigate and detect fraud. We can use personal data for risk assessment and security purposes, including the authentication of users. For these purposes, personal data may be shared with third parties, such as law enforcement authorities as permitted by applicable law and external advisors.
- H. Legal and compliance: In certain cases, we need to use the information provided, which may include personal data, to handle and resolve legal disputes or complaints, for regulatory investigations and compliance, or to enforce agreement(s) or to comply with lawful requests from law enforcement insofar as it is required by law.
- If we use automated means to process personal data which produces legal effects or significantly affects you, we will implement suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms, including the right to obtain human intervention.
- In view of purposes A and B we rely on the performance of a contract: The use of your data may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online reservation, we will use your data to carry out our obligation to complete and administer that reservation under the contract that we have with you.
- In view of purposes C-H, we rely on its legitimate interests: We use your data for our legitimate interests, such as providing you with the best appropriate content for the website, emails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services and the content on our website, and for administrative, fraud detection and legal purposes. When using personal data to serve our legitimate interests, we will always balance your rights and interests in the protection of your information against our rights and interests.
- In respect of purpose H, we also rely, where applicable, on our obligation to comply with applicable law.
- Where needed under applicable law, we will obtain your consent prior to processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If needed in accordance with applicable law, we will ask your consent. You can withdraw your consent anytime by contacting us at any of the addresses at the end of this Privacy Statement.
If you wish to object to the processing set out under C-F and no opt-out mechanism is available to you directly (for instance in your account settings), to the extent applicable, please contact email@example.com >.
WebDirect Cookie Notice
Effective Date: April 2018
This Cookie Notice applies to hotel-terrace.com owned and operated by Hotel Terrace the Garden Mito and describes how we use personal data collected through Cookies and other techniques including pixels ('Cookies') on our website hotel-terrace.com ('Site').
When entering the Site or viewing our targeted advertisements, we automatically collect data using Cookies.
The types of information that we collect through Cookies include IP address; device ID; viewed pages; browsing information; browser type; operating system; internet service provider; timestamp; the referring URL; and location data depending on the device you use.
More information on Cookies: Cookies are small bits of electronic information that a website sends to a visitor’s browser and are stored on the visitor’s hard drive. We place Cookies on your computer if you visit our website. If you are concerned about having Cookies on your device, you can set your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set, allowing you to decide whether to accept it. You can also delete Cookies from your device. However, if you choose to block or delete Cookies, certain features of the websites you visit may not operate correctly.
More information on pixel tags: Pixels (also known as 'web beacons' or 'clear gifs') are electronic files that usually consist of a single-pixel image and can be embedded in a web page or in an email to send information, such as a newsletter. We may use pixels to place or recognise a Cookie on your device if you use our services.
Third-party Cookies: We allow certain third parties to place Cookies. If you have questions about which Cookies are used and which parties place such Cookies, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
We use your information, including personal data, collected through Cookies for the following purposes:
- C. Providing targeted advertisements: We use information that we collect through Cookies to pursue our legitimate interests by providing targeted advertising. Where necessary, we will obtain prior consent before Cookies are placed for this purpose. If consent is given, you can withdraw it at all times. Moreover, you can object to our processing of your personal data for advertising purposes at all times.
- D. Market research: We use information that we collect through Cookies to pursue our legitimate interests to engage in market research (such as the analysis of market segmentation or trends, preferences and behaviours, research about products or services, or the effectiveness of marketing or advertising) or product development (such as the analysis of the characteristics of a market segment or group of customers or the performance of our Site, in order to improve our Site).
- • Sharing with third-parties: We share your personal data with third parties as permitted by law and as described below, such as service providers acting on our behalf. We do not sell or rent your personal data.
- • Competent authorities: We disclose personal data to law enforcement and other governmental authorities insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
There is a difference between session Cookies and permanent Cookies. Session Cookies only exist until you close your browser. Permanent Cookies have a longer lifespan and are not automatically deleted once you close your browser. We strive to serve Cookies or allow the serving of Cookies with a maximum lifespan of 5 years. Only in exceptional circumstances, such as for security purposes (such as fraud detection) and where absolutely necessary, will a Cookie have a longer lifespan. If you have questions about specific retention periods, please contact us via the contact details included below.
Questions or Complaints
If you have questions or concerns about our processing of your personal data, or if you wish to exercise any of the rights you have under this notice, you are welcome to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org . You may also contact your local data protection authority with questions and complaints.
Changes to the Notice
Just as our business changes constantly, this Cookie Notice will also change from time to time. If you want to see changes made to this Cookie Notice from time to time, we invite you to access this Cookie Notice to see the changes.